Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Some recent LO's

Firstly I really should show you the creation that won the October challenge over at ARTastic. Each month they post a painting from which you take your inspiration to create your own layout. October's masterpiece was Van Gogh's 'Starry Night'. I loved the night sky in this painting and wanted to create my own version, so I put together a nativity scene (a different kind of 'starry night'). It's actually made onto a round slab of wood that I picked up at an op-shop (originally intended as a cheeseboard I think!), with a handle that you can hang it from. I was thinking it could be used on your front door or something similar at Christmas time.

I must say, I was very surprised and honoured to actually win, given that I wasn't altogether happy with how it turned out, and there were so many other beautiful entries. But here it is.



Secondly, this is something I made for the October challenge at From Screen 2 Scrap. The criteria included: a group photo, a yellow/gold title, and be inspired by the poster for the movie “A Night at the Museum 2: Battle of the Smithsonian" using either an element from the poster itself, or be inspired by one of the figures in the poster. I decided to take the character of Pokahontas and create a 'native American' inspired layout.
I thought it should have lots of rough textures and neutral colours so this is what I came up with.



The photo is of me with my brother and sister. This layout was also lucky enough to score me a prize of a RAK picked by one of their DT.

And lastly for today, here's another recent layout I made along similar lines to the one above. I loved this photo I took of my beautiful daughter Bethany so much that I included the same photo 3 times!



Will be back shortly with some more.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails