Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Somthing New

Now I wanted to share my latest 2 layouts. Both made with Keandra's amazing kits.

This first one is actually my Guest DT submission over at Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenges. I was lucky enough to score myself this guest spot designing for their new blog. It's up and running with challenges every other Friday. The very first challenge is to create something (any kind of paper craft) be it a layout, or card, or ATC, or OTP etc with the theme 'new'. You can interpret this any way you like. And to fit with the colour scheme of their blog they have an optional criteria of using black and hot pink. Unfortunately, I had already created my layout before they added the colour criteria, otherwise I would have done that. Interpreting the theme 'new' was easy for me, and I obviously scrapped about our new baby.



This was made with the Kreatorville November kit. See it uses both her hand made title and embellishment on the one page. I know, I know, using all the best bits in one layout... but this year I'm trying to use my stash rather than thinking I'll save it for something 'special' because I realise that theoretically I'm creating something special every time!



And this one I whipped up last night with the Kreatorville December kit. Once again, I used all 3 of the lovely Prima flowers I got in the kit on the one layout. Usually I would have used them all separately. I've sprayed them with some Iridescent Gold glimmer mist to give them even more of a Christmassy feel. And I love the vintage colours in the Cosmo Cricket's Golly by Jolly collection that I've used in this. I altered my photo in Photoshop to match the colours better. The journaling describes how No.2 girl played baby Jesus in the church play last week. She was head-hunted at 4 weeks old!!

4 comments

  1. Your blessed and new layout is so cute. Your blog is lovely. Hope you will participate in heart the arts!

    gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie, these are both gorgeous layouts! We're so glad to have you as a guest designer.
    Hugs,
    April

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOH, Nat...you rawked these kits SO HARD!!! PLEASE send me pix of these so that I can post them on the blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails