Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

AD challenge #9

has just been posted at Dotty Divas. It's a great challenge again this time around. Possibly with the emphasis on 'challenge'. Here's the AD:



Now I know you might possibly be thinking that this is a fairly hard ad to draw inspiration from to create a layout (or whatever other project you have in mind). But I think that's the great thing about it - is that it really makes your mind work, and your creative juices bubble!

Here's what I came up with as my Design Team submission:



I drew my inspiration from the ad by wanting to make my title (almost) the main emphasis on the page, and then I used the trees from the ad to base my paper choice on.
Other ideas might be to use the colour scheme, scrap about your garden or use the trees and flowers as embellishments. One of the other DT members Amy came up with a great idea - she took the theme of the ad (which is obviously about energy / environment conservation) and only used recycled materials on her layout.



I got to use up a bunch of odd alphas (a couple of different Thickers and Heidi Swapp) which is always a good thing in my mind. But of course, they were all different colours, so after I stuck them down I painted over all of them and the paper around them with some cream acrylic paint. I had to give this about 3 coats before you could stop seeing the old colours shining through. Then I ran some ink pads over the top of the letters to make them really pop.



Then I created this 'sun' out of a doily and American Crafts embellishments and sewed on some ribbon to represent sun-rays.

I would love to see what you come up with if you decide to take part in this challenge. You've got until the 14th of March to submit your entries to: scrapmad@hotmail dot.co.uk

But wait for it, because here's the prize you can win:



There's a whole bunch of goodness in there! Kindly donated by DT member Jona.

1 comments

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails