Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Fussy cutting with a difference

I recently put together a couple of cards with a mix of Jillibean Soup papers and these

Cool Beans (green)

Now we all know about fussy cutting those cute design elements out of our paper to use as embellishments. But what about fussy cutting papers that have a repeititive block pattern? I've done it both ways on these two cards.





Now, I know I'm not American and so shouldn't be using this tag with 'mum' spelled with an 'o' but it was still just so cute and fitting that I couldn't help it! I used this paper for the sentiments, but I also used it to cut out strips of those brown flowers from the b-side (or is it the a-side?!) for the bottom border.

Minestrone collection, Olive Oil paper

And check out those tiny and very cute birds on each card. I could have used a stamp, but I cut them out (very carefully!) from the paper itself. I used the trees from this paper too.

Cream of Mushroom collection, Shitake paper



I made the sentiment on this one appear like a stamp on an envelope by cutting out the design from this paper to make the 'stamp' edges.

Minestrone collection, Cannellini beans paper.

And lastly, I cut a strip from this paper for a border too.

Cream of Mushroom collection, Minced shallots paper.

Jillibean Soup have a blog hop going on right now, so go on over and check it out.

1 comments

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails