Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Here's looking at you kid

I'm playing along with the challenge at Scrap Mojo for the first time this month, and I'm so glad I found them. Their site looks pretty funky and the DT are amazing, if not a little quirky (they're all wearing fake moustaches in their head shots!). I think that must be a sign of the eccentric arty genius' in them :)



So for Challenge 42 the criteria is: use yellow or orange and your favourite quote from The Wizard of Oz. Pretty simply huh? So I quickly googled some quotes from the movie and stumbled upon this one by Dorothy..

"If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again I won't go any further than my own backyard. Because if it isn't there, then I never really lost it to begin with".

That spoke to me. We always think the grass is greener on the other side don't we? This served as a reminder to myself to appreciate the wonderful things I have in my life right at this moment.



Of course, the most amazing blessings in my life are my family, including this super-cute bundle of joy I get to cuddle every day :)

I even doubled up and used a second Wizard of Oz quote on my page - the standard "there's no place like home" which I wrote directly onto my photo.



Materials:
Used a few mix-and-match papers from my January and February Kreatorville Kraft kits from Pink Paislee (the orange die-cut base, and the burnt orange ruffle at the bottom), Webster's Pages (the brown flower paper) and American Crafts (the green tree ruffle). What I love about kits is that you often get papers you wouldn't necessarily buy yourself, but when you get them in your hands you realise just how much you love them!! That's what happened to me with that paper I used to mat the photo on. In my life I have purchased only one paper from Webster's pages, and that's because it was half price. They're all gorgeous - they're just not my style. But I fell in love with this one in the kit once I started using it. Gives this page a nice vintage feel I think.

I also added some Studio Calico (the blue paper for the hearts, and the stickers under the journaling), and some Cosmo Cricket chipboard alphas.

If you want to play along too you might want to get your skates on because the entries close on the 25th.

5 comments

  1. This is STUNNING! I adore the paper ribbon pleats on the bottom- and all the textures together are fabulous! That quote is perfect....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super gorgeous Natalie, I just love everything, and I love the quotes too, and isn't it wonderful to stay at home and just cuddle your gorgeous little one, they grow so fast, just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Natalie I just love what you did with the KK kit! Your LO is gorgeous, and I love the quote, so true. I also like the stitched hearts. Good luck in the challenge!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so pretty. I love all the little details you added to this. Thank you so much for playing along at scrap mojo; we love to see new faces :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails