Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Just my type of thing

I just had the honour and privilege of being a Guest Designer at The Creative Type for their current prompt. This is a challenge blog that I've been following and participating in for a few months now because I just love their concept - "typography based challenges to spark your creativity".





They say a picture is worth 1000 words, but often we need to hear the words too! I've known for a long time now that I believe in incorporating a certain amount of journaling on nearly every page I create, I just didn't understand before I found this blog that part of that was my hidden love for typography. I think the words you chose and the way you get them on the page can make a big difference to how it is perceived.



Handwriting is not a bad thing - despite how ugly or messy we believe it is! I think our children and hopefully grandchildren are going to appreciate a bit of the real us on the page. Have you ever noticed how your handwriting changes depending on your mood? Or is that just me?!
But typing your journaling on a computer is awesome too because you can totally change the feel of each page just by choosing a different font. And these days there are 100's to choose from to suit whatever theme you're doing. I've downloaded a tonne of fonts to use in my scrapping from Kevin and Amanda before because they're really awesome (and free!)



Having a catchy title is always important because that's going to draw us into looking beyond the photo to what the story is really about. I like to make my title be a part of the 'art' in itself rather than just a label. And certainly my GIANT box of alpha stickers can vouch for that fact that I love typography!



This is the page I created for the current prompt #28 which is REPETITION! all you need to do is pick one word or phrase and repeat it on your page, as the background, in your picture or anywhere you like. just use repetition!

I was so honoured to be a GuEst TyPist and I hope you'll play along too. You've got until April 4th to get your entries linked up.

2 comments

  1. This is fantastic! I love your typography! :) I have always tried to incorporate journaling too- and agree that our heirs will appreciate seeing our handwriting.... (& my handwriting is lousy when I'm grouchy!) *wink* great job & congrats on your guest spot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, journaling is important, though I don't seem to be able to do it on every page ... sometimes the words just don't come that easy, sometimes words aren't really necessary ... but it was actually for the words that I started scrapbooking. I love this LO, it's beautiful, and I really like the stitching accross the title. Too bad I'm not really all that good with the sewing machine, but I'm learning LOL.
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails