Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

My big girl

One of the things we first noticed when we went from having one child to two is that you forget how small they start off.



The first time I went to lift Girl No.1 up after having my baby was that suddenly she seemed GINORMOUS! And it made me realise how much she had grown. She was now a big girl. Or at least, that's what she keeps on insisting she is!



I got to use a whole mixture of Jillibean Soup, Cosmo Cricket and Scenic Route to make this layout. And play with Photoshop a bit too which I'm currently loving (in case you haven't noticed all my recent posts!) I'm starting to realise that when you're going to spend a lot of time creating a layout to celebrate a photo - it probably should be a good one! Of course, I'm all about scrapping the everyday moments and the 'not so perfect' photos if it's telling a story. But it's so easy to give all your photos a bit of a tweak, even if it's just to enhance the colours, you don't have to go all out crazy like I did on this photo.



Apart from changing the colours of this photo, I added a texture layer and a border and yes, I even journalled on my photo in Photoshop. I then just get them developed through Snapfish or whoever you normally use and it comes out a treat. Here's just the photo so you can see it better.



And yes...... the bunting/banner phase continues!!

PS. Blog candy closes tonight. Any last minute entries?

3 comments

  1. So beautiful work and so interesting)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this LO so much!! I know what you mean about the banner phase ... I've only used a (semi-)banner on one of my LO's, but I feel the urge to put it on every LO these days LOL... but I'm restraining myself LOL. I guess I'll start doing it once it's out-of-date hihi. And if you know me a little bit by now, you'll know I'm loving the paint on your LO.
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously FABULOUS page!! i can't tell you how much i love it. the banner, the way you used the words on the picture, everything!

    its perfect for our challenge!
    thanks for playing along with us over at THe CrEatiVe TyPe!!

    (and be on the look out for an e-mail from me!! hope to hear back from you soon!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails