Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

She's only half a material girl

It's always a good day when the postman rings your doorbell to sign for a package, especially if it's a pizza-box shaped package. It's only slightly less good when you have to answer the door in your pajamas with your hair un-brushed and standing out at odd angles. 'It is only 9:30am and I have a baby' I want to justify to him as he looks at me out of the corner of his eye. And then No.1 Girl comes running over 'does it have a treat in it?' she asks the postman. She loves the packages as much as me because she assumes that they all include lollies.

I finally got me the Material Girl line from Cosmo Cricket.

And so I scrapped.

I was totally inspired by this layout by Ronda Palazzari, and intentionally lifted it. I hope she doesn't mind.

Ronda's blog is another one of those that I want to read every single day. She designs for Cocoa Daisy, Fancy Pants and Purple Onion Designs and has this great mix of arty and classical scrapping with 'loads of layers' as she calls it.

She has about a million great tutes you can access for free on her blog so it's well worth the trip over to see.


I don't think mine came out anywhere close to what I was hoping, but I guess that's because I'm not Ronda Palazzari! Sometimes I have to remind myself of that when I'm lifting a page :)



I scrapped the photo and the story of this day. These things are always much funnier in retrospect.



I think I would have added a few more layers on this myself if I wasn't scrapping like three layouts at the same time which just caused me to get too impatient and want to hurry up and finish them off :) Does anyone else do that?

2 comments

  1. Oh this came out very nice!!! I'd like to lift this too now LOL!!! I think I just might, yes! I really really like the look of this. Do I ever get impatient ... no, I'm the slowest scrapper alive! Sometimes it takes me days to decide the LO is finally finished, and you can't even tell, because I'm definitely not one to use much embellies...

    Thanks for the sweet comment about the altered quote book. I know exactly what you mean, I didn't think the papers would match either, but the result was gorgeous, it even looks so much better IRL!

    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think your page looks like a lift AT ALL!!! Completely different awesomeness! I love BOTH of these pages!!! You wouldn't believe that I have a BASKET of layouts that I've started...I just finish them as the inspiration strikes!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails