Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

My 2 pink acorns

Surely by now I have used up all my lovely October Afternoon papers I bought a while back (is that what you're thinking?!) I'm sure this is the last one I can make, at least exclusively. There's only a few little scraps left. But I also know that divine ice-cream paper is included in this month's Studio Calico kit, so you will see it pop up again on my layouts in the future.


I did this layout a couple of weeks ago in response to the Studio Calico Sunday Sketch, but realised I haven't shared it here yet. I rather liked this photo The Man took of me bathing the girls, but of course, I had to use something to cover up the rude bits :-) I used a digital stamp from the Gratitude Quote Art collection by Karenika. 


The sketch was drawn from a layout by the amazing Jennifer Johner. You can see all the details including her layout here on the Studio Calico blog.


I liked that these buttons I had matched the paper, and I thought it just gave it a bit more texture.


And you can see some little snippets of my fabulous washi tape which I used to stick down the strips of paper at the top and bottom. I really wanted to use some sewing on this, but this was back when my sewing machine was broken and I hadn't yet got a new one. And of course, now I've moved on and it's too much effort to get it out again to add stitching. So it will remain just like this.

And on a slightly different subject.....

TOOOT TOOT! I've just had my very first layout in an actual hard paper magazine land on my doorstep today. If anyone else gets the Australian Scrapbook Creations magazine you can see my layout at the bottom of page 34 (of Issue 79). And if you don't, you can catch a little sneak of it if you look under my "pulications" page at the top of my blog.

Have you seen the Jolly June Yellow Challenge? Your own choice of prize! Easy challenge!

Enjoy :-)

4 comments

  1. Well I rather hope you never run out of that paper! Every page you do with it is so fun- they make me happy! I love the texture the buttons add- and I really like the digital stamp- subtle covering the bits! Nicely done!
    And a giant WOOHOOOOO! Congrats on your pub! I will take a peak- and have not one little doubt that I will LOVE it! :)
    Thank you for leaving such sweet comments for me too- they are a joy to read!
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun LO! and congrats to the pub! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet layout! Wonderful news about your publication!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being published Natalie, I'm sure you'll be able to give us this same wonderful news often in the future!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails