Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Her Colourful Kingdom

I think I may have mentioned it (once or twice!!) that I've finally bitten the bullet and subscribed to the wonderful Studio Calico kits. The June kit was my first one, and although I've only shared one layout I have made with it - I am actually up to number 6 which is this one........


I decided to take part in this week's Sunday Sketch on the SC blog. The sketch (from a layout by Stephanie Wheeler) looks like this:


All those circles were supposed to be punched shapes and die-cuts. But I thought I would change it a bit for me, and instead I layered up all those paper strips. You may have noticed that's my go-to technique at the moment!


And then I fussy-cut the sunflowers and the planes to represent at least some of the circles :-)
Can you see that "Girl's Only" tag peeking over the top? That's the very last tag I had left over from my Scrapbooking from Scratch July kit. It just seemed the perfect finishing touch.


And I simply loved those alphas that came in one of the add-on kits. It's pretty much why I bought it too (that and the washi tape that was included). Even The Man has noticed that I've used this alpha on all of my SC layouts (apart from one!) because he asked me if this was my favourite alphabet?!

Reminder to Myself: Share more of my Studio Calico layouts

7 comments

  1. This is a great layout who is the sketch by? I tried clicking on the link but it was not working.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty. I just saw it on the SC gallery and commented. I love that alpha, too - although I did not get that add-on. I should have!! Love it!
    Isn't Studio Calico amazing? I just love getting that box of goodies every month. Enjoy your sub Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is gorgeous! Loving paper strips too at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the paper strip effect here!!! looks fabulous!!!!! ive been eyeing off the sc kits - but im afraid of the postage! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I love the background paper, the strips, that beautiful typed journaling tag, the flowers and the planes ... and most of all those gorgeous alphas, I can see why you love them so. Love the title as well, Bethany does have the most beautiful colourful room!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Between you and Valerie (the said Valerie above) I'm slowly wittling away my exterior wall to the Studio Calico kits. Wow, your layout is just amazing, and I would love to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so fun!!!! Don't you love it when 'the man' notices details? I know I do when mine does! Funny thing is, my 5 yo daughter notices the tiniest things on all of my creations & points out specifics that 'she loves'....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails