Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Kreatorville Week (+1) Day Five

Aaaahh, the wonderful March kit. This is where the Kreatorville Week journey actually began.
For those who are still wondering why I'm doing this Kreatorville week, it is not because Keandra is holding my kids to ransom, it is not because I'm getting sponsored or receiving any kind of payment, and it is not my bid to get on the DT (although if an offer was made.........*lol*)! What happened is this...

For one reason or another, I ended up getting four (YES - 4!!!) Kreatorville kits all in one go. I got my March, April, May and June kits together in the one package. Talk about being hit over the head with a load of goodness! I didn't know where to start. I just knew I needed to start! And so I first challenged myself to create one layout with each of the 4 kits. But that was too easy! So then I did a second round and ended up with 8 layouts in the space of about a week. Then I started a third round!

About this time I was asking myself how I was going to share these layouts with you in blog-land. It was either going to be enough material to blog one layout every couple of days for the next month (!) or do it all in one big-hurrah! Well, you can see which I chose. Then I thought, if I'm going to share the March, April, May and June kits with you, then I might as well back-track and do the other 4 kits a bit more formally too. I had always planned to do a blog-post on all the things I created with the November kit at some stage, so now seemed like a good time.

So lets get on with the show shall we?!

March's kit had a bit more of a vintage vibe, and lots of people seemed to be doing heritage layouts with it. The papers were fantastic - I love all the muted tones. Love it a lot!


And then check out how many embellishments and alphas we got?!! I couldn't believe it :-)

Remember how I was saying yesterday how there are always certain things in the kit I would never buy for myself but end up loving? Well that happened here too. I haven't ever bought myself any Webster's Pages stuff (shock, horror I hear some of you saying!) because although I think they are outstandingly gorgeous, it's just not my style, and I wouldn't know where to begin. So I was a little bit overwhelmed by the amount of Webster's Pages products in this kit. I mean, there were two pages, a sheet of embellishments and the sheet with 4 sets of alphas on it!

But you'll never guess what happened? Out of the three pages I've created with this kit so far, 2 of them have been almost purely Webster's Pages!! And I must admit, the first layout is a shocker. I do not like how it turned out at all really. What I do like is that I got all three of these photos on one page, and the story behind it (and I'm comforting myself by thinking that's the main thing!)


I submitted this to the June ARTastic challenge, because I had made it fit (nearly) all the criteria. But I'm just not really that impressed with how it looks.


But I did manage to use up quite a lot of the Webster's die-cut embellishments. And I'm now at the stage where I'm no longer 'saving' stuff, but instead purposely 'using' stuff. So this makes me happy :-)

Meanwhile, I'm much much happier with how my second Webster's layout came together.


I know - how ridiculous is this photo of Moodles? She just has this frightened/shocked/intrigued look upon her face. Certainly not her best pose! But we've got so many photos of her looking like this that it was hard to avoid if I wanted to scrap her at this point of her life. Every time the camera goes on and she sees that little red light she stops smiling and just stares straight at it!


But what it also meant was that this story behind the photo made it perfect for including that awesome vintage camera chipboard shape that came in the kit!


And since I ended up with two pieces of this paper in my kit (part of Keandra's sorry for leaving you hanging for so long without your Kreatorville!) I was able to cut up the second one to create all these tone-on-tone layered hearts (an idea lifted straight from the super-amazing Jennifer Johner on her layout here) and pop up the flowers too.

And then lastly, how could I not use the Crate Paper die-cut?


I was actually brave (stupid?) enough to cut it in half, thinking I was only going to use it on the top part of this layout. But then I realised it looked much better left whole and had to attempt to join it back together - hence the paper strip and ribbon running across the middle!!! But hey - I like it!


Can't see the join, can you?! What this shot does show you is some of those Crate Paper rub-ons, the green silk trim and the lovely red buttons that all came in the kit. I added some glass glitter to the buttons which I think made them look a little bit more 'fruit-like' so I attached them in with the leaf trim and called them cherries!


This layout is actually lifted from one by Stephanie Wheeler that you can see here. I'm always looking out for different ways to incorporate lots of journaling onto my pages, because you know how I like to do that. And what I talked about on this layout was just an ordinary day. I outlined Moodle's routine at the date this photo was taken (obviously the 28th March!) because although it doesn't really seem important, it's definitely something that we'll forget later on, and if you read it you can see what an amazing baby I've been blessed with. All she does is sleep and eat and play. She rarely ever cries, and is always so happy and content :-)

Alright, and I'm done!

Leave your comments on today's post for your chance at the Kreatorville prize.


Come back tomorrow for the April kit.

9 comments

  1. MORE fabulousness! WoW, these are gorgeous, too! Love those Webster Pages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the fabulous embellishments and title work! All the fussy cutting is just so wow! Once again I am so glad I have found you! Your work is so inspirational! I love this kit it is soo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all beautiful. The second Webster's layout is stunning and the 3rd layout you shared is also! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, they just keep getting better and better!!! Love the STUN LO hehehe ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, love these layouts, but my oh my, how I admire your layout of your baby girl! Love the retro like photos with the white background. How very lovable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) The "Stun" photo of Moodles was just priceless! And the LO was so beautifully done, especially the idea to pop out the flowers! (Could I scraplift the idea from you next time? Pwweese?)

    And I couldn't tell that you'd cut the diecut into two pieces. The ribbon and all made it look nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely delicious! All of them! My fave of this grouping is the 28.3.10 one. I would've never guessed you were 'covering up' cutting it in 1/2!!! Fantastic! (and so hoping to start 'purposefully using'!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cutting that paper was the best "MISTAKE" you've ever made!!! The strips at the bottom remind me of ties and that fruit vine is AWWWESOME!!!! I've been SOO inspired this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweetie, all I can say is, if it was up to me, an offer would be made ... I think that says it all ...
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails