Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Mmmwwah!

I was so pleased to see a few people choosing to scraplift my layout for last month's XOXO challenge. It's such a thrill to know that some people got a spark of creativity to do their own thing from looking at something I put together. And you know what they say about imitation being the highest form of compliment :-)

Anyway, it's a new month, which means a new set of layouts have just gone up at XOXO for the July challenge. And the Lipstick Chicks have outdone themselves again. I'm so happy to be amongst this group of 25 diverse but all so talented scrappers.

My DT layout this month is this:


Sssshhhh, let me tell you a little secret. Every month all 25 of us Lipstick Chicks make our layout based off the same 10 criteria. Lynnette puts together a list and we're supposed to incorporate at least 5 of them into our layout. That's the reason why you might have noticed some striking similarities between a lot of our layouts. It's not totally random!

And to be totally honest, when I saw July's list I was a bit apprehensive. I wasn't sure how to go about putting these things together and inspiration did not strike immediately. In fact, I did August's layout long before I did this one!

But once I convinced myself to start (with the deadline fast approaching) it actually came together quite quickly and easily. So I'm pretty happy with it.

Munchy wasn't so pleased. She took one look at it and said "but you've already done this one before". Geez, that girl's got a memory on her like an elephant! What she means is she's seen me scrap this photo before..... but seriously..... it was like back in November!


I've gone hybrid on this layout. I had these swirls and hearts printed out already from a previous project, but they never got used so I saved them for such a time as this. The blue and the pink/red hearts matched the colours in the photo exactly so they were just perfect for this layout. They're both from the Peace on Earth kit by CD Muckosky that I got at Little Dreamer Designs


Meanwhile, back in XOXO land. This is what you need to do. Pop over to the challenge blog right now. Choose one out of the 25 DT layouts posted and scraplift it. Then link it up! It's that simple. And if you want to increase your chances of winning, choose another one and do it again :-) I'll tell you, some of the girls that took part last month entered 3 or 4 or more (!) times.

And it's worth it. Look at this lovely prize that's up for grabs.


One of our Lipstick Chicks Jessica Stott, who owns Lucky Girl Crafts has donated the "My Summer Vacation" kit to the winner. But if you don't want to take your chances go over and check out her store for yourself!!

Ok. Over and out
:-)

6 comments

  1. What a sweet LO! I love the way you've used your hybrid elements...it always surprises me to read that's what they are! :)
    Munchy cracks me up with her memory! (I'm so far behind that Had takes a look at the pages & asks if that's her as a baby!)....
    I'm off for a couple of weeks- I will miss your inspiration!!! Try to stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your LO! I might be sraplifting this!! hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh heavenly!!! I love the look of those swirls and heart!!1 it gives such fun to the layout! just fantabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful page, I love how the hybrid element stands out so much. And what a memory on that girl! My boys have problems because my mom also scrapbooks their pictures and sometimes we have duplicates, so they confused.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous page, those swirls and hearts are just divine, hard to believe they are printed out, I must one day get into digital, just love the glue too much, thanks for saying hi at Studio Calico. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. HYBRID, Nat??? You're AMAZING!!! Munchy's showing signs of a natural born krafter...but you won't get HER to kreate with the same picture twice...HAAAA!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails