Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Honey Roasted

I created this layout a few months ago for the sketch challenge at Handmade by Suzanne, but just realised I had never posted it here.


It was back when I was obsessed with the new October Afternoon collections; 'Thrift Shop' and 'Fly a Kite' so I've used them both here.



A handmade flower, very similar to the one I did a tutorial on over here. Topped off with a paper brad I made using my I-Top.



The story on this one is about the day I turned on the oven to pre-heat it and soon after began to smell a very lovely melting honey fragrance. I didn't immediately click to what was happening until I began to smell a not-so-lovely burning plastic smell, closely followed by plumes of black smoke pouring from our oven.

It seems my imaginative young daughter had (once again) been playing hide-and-seek with the pantry items, and had decided the oven was a perfect hiding place for the honey. Not sure what all that was about, but she sure learned not to do it again :-)

7 comments

  1. Love the color and pattern combination on this page. Great job! Check out my blog. I am just posting a giveaway kit now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...I loved this LO Natalie! Love the use of the OA papers, you use them sooo well! Love the title and title alphas too! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cute cute story, I think that is what scrapbooking is about. If it makes me grin from ear to ear, I can't imagine what your family does when you look at this page again and again. Wonderful combination of patterns and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just LOVE this! The papers are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my heck! that is too funny!
    I'm still obsessed with those papers- you're so much better at USING them! Hee!
    I'm really coveting that i-top....

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a funny story....love love your layout and those photos are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing layout Natalie! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails