Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Moxie Say What?!!!

Thank you to all the wonderfully supportive friends out there who have congratulated me on my Moxie Fab challenge win yesterday. I was in such a state of shock when I found this out. What an amazing honour to be chosen amongst so many other beautiful and talented entries.


Do you know what? I've had so much going on for me right now with work/family/scrappiness/etc that I totally forgot that I also made these two cards for another one of the Moxie Fab challenges 'Stamping with Shimmer Sprays'. So I better get them up quickly for you hey?


I used a similar technique for the background of both these cards. First I dry-embossed some watercolour paper, then painted the raised areas with different coloured shimmer sprays.


Then I gave the whole thing a good dousing with Silver Plated Maya Mist for a lovely sheen.


Just slightly different for this one. First I coloured my background watercolour paper with shimmer sprays using this technique that I've shared previously.


Then on the raised areas I 'painted' Perfect Pearls for extra glittery ooomph!


I just love 'inventing' new techniques and find the whole process quite fulfilling and fun!

5 comments

  1. congrats on your win. this shimmer spray on watercolor paper is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeaieee!!!! HUGE congrats to you...it was indeed a beautiful card and you deserved the win! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I love the fact that you are not afraid of experimenting with products! Gorgeous cards Natalie <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Nataile! Thanks for entering the Stamping with Shimmer Sprays Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails