Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

This is Why

One of the things that I absolutely adore about the Mix and Mend collection from Sassafras is that it's already so textured and embellished before you even do a thing to it! (I imagine the new Sweetly Smitten collection will be very similar and cannot wait to get it in my hands!)


And that's how this layout looks like it took me an eternity to build with all it's various layers, but in reality it came together so quickly. In fact, there's not much more here than just one page of 'Alterations' patterned paper.


Granted I did add a few extra details. Draped some Jillibean Soup bakers twine over it, and scattered some sequins.


The little funny cloud shapes are just made from the die-cut edge at the bottom of the Sass paper, and there's a couple Making Memories butterlies. And that's it!


Why do you scrapbook? For me it's all about capturing the everyday 'ordinary' moments as well as the big events. It's about remembering all those little details that might otherwise be easily forgotten, for my sake as well as for my children. And of course, I do thouroughly enjoy the creative process of it all too, and I love to create with pretty products. But ultimately it's about the memories :-)

5 comments

  1. Great photo. Great journaling. Like the title alpha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Natalie,

    I love your pages and your way of clustering decorative elements together! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a sweet comment!

    Greetings from the Windy City ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorableness...every little detail! Thanks for visiting us at the May Arts Blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, gorgeous page, and i was thinking it took you hours :P. i scrapbook for exactly the same reason :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute page!! :) I *adore* the bakers twine, wound in there! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails