Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Necessity is the Mother of Invention

My last weekly challenge is up at Scrapz.biz. It's the 'Paint a Rainbow' challenge which means a colour combo as well as the weekly theme needs to be incorporated.


The colours I chose are 'dusty pink', 'teal' and 'apricot' and of course you can always mix in the neutrals such as white, cream, grey, brown and black.


And the theme of this challenge is "Necessity is the Mother of Invention" and what's the one thing that all of us need more of? (Well, apart from more time and money? :P )............ Space in our scrapping area for new products!!


If you're like me you have piles of "old" product that is too good to get rid of because you know you'll need it some day, but that day just hasn't seem to have come around!! :laugh: Well today is that day! I challenge you to mix the old with the new and use at least one product on your page that's been in your collection for ages!


 On my page I've used a variety of new products such as:
Glitz Designs Afternoon Muse Polka (the teal paper)
Glitz Designs Afternoon Muse Whatnots (the orange frame and vintage tag)
Glitz Designs Tiny Pink Alpha stickers
American Crafts tapes (very similar to the new Hambly ones in store)

But I've also mixed in some of my old stash including some very old Kaisercraft and American Craft rubons, and all those Basic Grey alpha stickers that I'm sure we've all got in our collection!

 

Another new product I used was this gorgeous chipboard leaf spray from Imaginarium Designs. I love how detailed their products are, and you're going to be seeing a lot more of their products on my pages I can assure you!

So I can't wait to see what you come up with using this colour combo as well as your old stash. Pop over to Scrapz.biz and upload your interpretation to be in the running to win one of the amazing weekly prizes that you've just made room for!

5 comments

  1. Sooo gorgeous!!! The soft background work, a photo full of joy, the misture of embellies.... awesome, Nathalie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning LO! Love the way you have added your journaling, the colours are fab, and love your use of the Chipboard Leaf Spray....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors and design are just beautiful!!! I've realized that in the grand scheme...who'll be able to look back in ten years and tell WHAT product on your page was old and what was new???

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful! Love your title/journaling and the design that you put together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Natalie, What a beautiful page! What a fantastic photo & theme...

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails