Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Easter in July?

Occasionally at this time of year people celebrate 'Christmas in July', but right now I haven't even begun to think about Christmas (I still haven't finished my December Daily from last year!) and I've got a bunch of Easter photos that are waiting to be scrapped.


This was the third page I made with the delicious 'Dream in Colour' July kit from Tidbitz in Time. I was able to pull out some of the lovely pastel shades in this kit which traditionally seem to go with Easter pages.


The Girl's Paperie ribbon pack is gorgeous with a great assortment of different looking ribbons. But I have to admit I was a little cautious about how I was going to use the pink tinsel one - it's quite thick, and makes me think of Christmas not Easter!
Not to be deterred, I simply cut very small pieces and layered them behind my journal spot for a nice little twinkling touch :-)
The pale aqua lace would have made it onto every single one of my layouts if I wasn't trying to be fair to the others! But I couldn't resist adding it along the border of my papers on this page to represent the 'grass' in my little garden scene here.


What do you think of the embellished circles? I've got a thing for beautiful patterns lately and trying to translate them into layout form. If you check out my Pinterest board "Patterny" you'll see where I got the inspiration for this cute and unusual idea.


And I cannot believe it took me until my third layout to use one of those gorgeous Prima butterlies?!! Never mind, because once I used this one I quickly whipped up my fourth layout and used the other butterfly too!!
If you can't wait until I share that, or if you want to check out all the other DT examples made with this delightful kit (and I strongly suggest you do!) then check out the Tidbitz in Time July gallery here

4 comments

  1. I really LOVE this layout. I would be so proud of myself if I were you. The colors are awesome. I love how the colors are so bright in the photos and so light on the paper. And yes, the butterfly ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your pages and this one is just adorable, lovely colours, LO, photos, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Off to check out your Pinterest boards and be inspired by you over there too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layout is totally awesome! Love the garden scene that you have going on and the decorated circles are fab. Love the butterfly too. Oh, I am way behind on seasonal type photies such as Easter and Christmas...at least you're making an effort to get there. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails