Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

True Happiness

Well, it's official.... the first day of Spring!! YAY! And I even managed to get a lunch break and go outside in the sunshine today which was just delightful. The warmth of the sun shining down on me makes me happy :-) Yes it's true, I'm feeling very sentimental and cliched right now! I'll tell you why.


It's because the first day of Spring also marks a more sombre occasion as it means my DT term with Handmade by Suzanne has unfortunately come to an end. Quite a number of the team are leaving, and I tell you with honesty that I'll miss working alongside all these fabulously talented girls. I wish them all the very best success in whatever they choose to do next.
Because where one door closes.......... ;-)


I cannot thank Suzanne enough for the wonderful opportunities she has given me this past year. It has been such a joy and privilege to be part of this crazy successful venture of hers from the very beginning. I have grown so much as a crafter/artist, developed further my own 'style', worked with collections I never would have chosen for myself but have fallen in love with and made some of my most favourite layouts and cards (not to mention I've picked up some fabulous bargains from the shop!!) That's due in a large part because of the unceasing support, encouragement and friendships that I've made along the journey.


So I made this card as my very last DT project to celebrate my time there. It's created with Authentique's Blissful collection paper and stickers and features a fabulous Manor House Creations Whitsundays bloom. The sentiment reflects what comes to my mind when I think about this past year with HBS...... "True Happiness"
:-)

4 comments

  1. gorgeous natalie... love the colour combo, with that little bunch of peach. Can't wait to see who snaps you up next! :)) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nat. What a gorgeous tribute to your time with HBS! I love your card and to be honest, I'm feeling a bit sentimental myself at the moment. I wish you all the happiness you can handle in your future 'scrapbooking life'. I just know you will create wonderful things, wherever you go. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nat, I am ALMOST speechless! Thanks for the wonderful post about your time with us. We wouldn't be where we are now without the amazing contribution and support I have received from this team of sensational ladies. I feel like I have lost a family member! Love to you, hope to meet you in the flesh one day and hug you! Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is gorgeous and the details are amazing..great dimension and texture! Sorry to hear that your DT has come to an end, but with your talent, I'm sure you have loads to keep you busy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails