Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

All Smiles

I've still got quite a few Jenni Bowlin projects to share with you from my stint as a Guest DT there this month. What I loved most of all about the main Papercrafting kit is it's versatility to make either girl or boy layouts. So I put that theory to the test by scrapping this photo of my smiley nephew.


'Cos I'm naturally inclined to make sweety girly layouts about my gorgeous girls all the time. And there's plenty of the new Magpie papers that are perfectly suited to do that - just like the first page I made which I shared here.


But the bold graphic designs of some of these others were just made for more masculine pages. It was such a refreshing change for me to match grey with blue and red and kraft. The graph paper I used in the background then inspired me to make my own pie-chart. Mainly because I've been looking for an excuse to do just that :-)


And I like how it turned out. It doesn't have much relevance to the page I'll admit 'cos I didn't really label any of the pieces or explain what it represents. In fact, I was thinking of it more like a sun, that's why I went and misted in some 'sunrays'. And I had to laugh when The Man looked at the finished page and remarked that it looked more like a Powerpoint Presentation than a layout!!


But I'll still count it as a success. Here's to doing many more boy layouts in the future!

Supplies:

1 comments

  1. Beautiful page! Love the pie chart!! I'm also looking for an excuse to add one to a page too! And love your ribbon ruffling :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails