Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Story of my Not-Quite-a-December-Daily

I have to be honest with you - I don't buy a lot of themed Christmas products, mainly because it's difficult to use them for anything else. But I don't mind the opposite challenge... that is, making a Christmas page out of non-Christmas products. This is my first attempt at doing just that, what do you think?


I went Christmassy because that's the way the newly released Scrap Friends Sketch Challenge was pulling me in. This is the sketch (below) which consequentially is also my last one as part of the DT :-(


If it wasn't already immediately obvious to you, I wanted to show you that my 'layout' is actually the first page in my not-quite-a-December Daily. Here's the double spread....


I did buckle under pressure and buy the incredibly beautiful Studio Calico Wonderland Handbook as my base. It means that many of the pages are already decorated in some way which just makes my job easier :-)


And with the addition of some stars and a liberal sprinkling of glitter, even with the non-traditional bright colours I'm using I still think this page is pretty Christmassy.


I'm calling it my not-quite-a-December Daily because after attempting a DD a couple of years ago I realised that whilst it's a fabulous project, there's just no way I can fit that sort of commitment into my real life. Plus, given I'm scrapping my Christmas photos from last year I already know I didn't take a photo a day!


Even now I'm wondering if I'll manage to get this album finished this year! But I've started... and that's gotta count for something! I've even done the front cover too which I'll share with you real soon. I'd love to hear what you guys are doing (if anything) for a December/Christmas album.


But in the meantime check out the Scrap Friends Sketch Challenge where you could be the lucky winner of a $25 store voucher. All the details are over here on the blog.
Photobucket
Supplies:

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails