Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

The Story of Never Enough Stash

Sometimes it doesn't matter how much product you have in your stash, you just can't seem to find the perfect embellishment that you're looking for. And it's the mere fact that you've got piles upon piles of unused product in your drawers and upon shelves that you really can't justify going and buying something new, so you know you're just going to have to customise something you've already got.


That's what happened here. I had visions of using the Pink Paislee Photogram as a frame for some giant birthday numbers. But the biggest numbers I had (with the appropriate degree of funkiness) were some lovely green/blue patterned ones by Sassafras. Fabulous.... but didn't match the look I was going for.


So here's what I did.....
I coated them in gesso twice so they were now a blank white. Lucky they were a sturdy chipboard and took the gesso well. I used a waterbrush to pick up the Raspberry Distress Ink and painted back in the numbers. A black felt-tip defined them once dry, and I added some final touches with Liquid Pearls. Hope you're as impressed as I was with the result?!!! LOL!


Since I was now in the mood I went and added a few more doodles, this time with my white gel pen. And some bling never goes astray. Never.


I tell you - by this time I was on such a roll of customising my embellishments that I even went to town on the envelope that I put the card in too. I painted and glittered my Imaginarium Designs chipboard phrase and cut some October Afternoon paper pieces to make it all pretty. It was all worth it of course. The recipient was pretty pleased I have to say :-)

 Photobucket

Supplies:


3 comments

  1. You lateral thinker, you:):) VERY nice job...you'd never know they started life so differently & I must say the envelope is SENSATIONAL....really super cute:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The numbers turned out great! I received the package you sent yesterday! What a fun surprise! Hopefully I will have time to create soon. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. both the envelope and the card are lovely. i found you through doris' blog. would love for you to stop by my blog sometime.

    http://www.blackinkpaperie.blogspot.com

    thanks
    new follower bev

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails