Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Story of my BFF

The end of June also saw the end of my term with Evalicious. I can honestly say that working alongside this amazing group of ultra-talented girls has been such a pleasure. They're a great bunch of scrappers and I wish them all the best in their future endeavours. Eve designs the most gorgeous products and she was so generous with them that I'll be creating projects featuring Evalicious long into the future.


I shared one last layout on the Evalicious blog before my time was up. You can see it here in it's natural environment if you like ;-) But here's some of what I had to say.....


I'm starting to notice there are a few things that define my style, or at least techniques that I find myself repeating a lot. Firstly, I'm all about the clustering. No floating embellishments here, it all has to be touching something. I've paired the Escape Miscellany Tags with the Documented Circle Tags because they're both round which seems to make sense, and then I've added dimension by popping an Escape V1 badge button on top too.


Secondly, I'm all about the layering. The more layers of paper I can fit behind my photo the better, in my opinion. Going from front to back I've got: my photo, a Love You Lots 3x4" Tag (with the banner cut out so it actually then sits in front of the photo), patterned paper, a Documented Label Tag, more patterned paper and lastly another Love You Lots 3x4" Tag.


And thirdly, no project is complete for me lately without some stamping. Stamping details can be added just for background noise like I've done here with the tiny hearts and 'a note' and 'evidence' etc etc. But you can also turn your stamped images into stand-out embellishments too like I've done with the eye-catching pink 'and so it goes'.

The story behind this layout is rather cute. Moodles is only 3 so I imagine this stage won't last forever, but right not she keeps telling me "Mummy, you're my best friend in the whole world". Hey, I'll take it while it lasts!

xx
Photobucket

Evalicious Supplies:


5 comments

  1. GORGEOUS! Love all the little details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the subtlety of the stitched vellum over the soft paper, layered with the HS transparent alpha...looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yep, make the most of being her best friend....& remember it during the teenage years!!! LOL!!! I can't believe it's already at the end of your term...that's flown by....I shall miss seeing you over there:):):) Lovely LO & you do like a few layers, don't you? They look awesome, of course!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great being on the Evalicious team with you! Your projects always have so many fun details :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Out of the mouth of babes... moments like that with Erin melt me! This is so completely gorgeous. Love the softness you've created with the vellum

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails