Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Story of the Cappuccino

Coffee and I have had our ups and downs. Our relationship break-ups and our glorious reunions. We've endured some tough times when I've decided to abstain from it (during fasting periods and pregnancy for example). But our good days far outweigh our bad days.


Coffee loving has been a journey for me. It began out of what I considered necessity - during some intense study times in Year 12. I thought it would allow me to stay up longer, but it turns out I'm one of those people who caffeine doesn't affect for very long. I can happily drink a cup right before bedtime I quickly found out. Contrary to mainstream I started drinking coffee black and strong with no sugar. I figured it was one of those things that no one actually enjoys when they first have it so why soften the blow?


I succumbed over time to the sweetness of the cappuccino and now it's my choice of caffeine-laced beverages. It's certainly the prettiest! Enjoyable by myself on-the-go or even better - sitting down relaxing for a minute in a cafe with friends. Lately it's quickly becoming almost an essential part of my morning routine at the hospital.


My choice of papers here might not be the obvious - they're from the Midway collection from October Afternoon. At first glance this is a carnival-themed collection, but I chose the combination of cool clinical greys, with the warmth of yellows and oranges because I thought these most closely represented what it's like to sit in a stylish cafe with a cup of coffee in your hands. The overriding brown and white cardstock are just plain obvious now aren't they?
Photobucket

4 comments

  1. Love coffee. I have to limit myself to two a day.
    Love the layout too!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love coffee. I have to limit myself to two a day.
    Love the layout too!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like how you left the top 1/2 of your page all Krafty goodness with those stars...aren't they THE bestest???!!!!! And go coffee....I have a machine & limit myself to a home made latte each lunch time I'm at home....& just really luxuriate in it!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love coffee. I am so glad that I came across this one and had a chance to go through the same.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails