Pages

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Getting ready for National Scrapbooking Day

National Scrapbooking Day is fast approaching. It's on May 3rd..... are you ready?
I'm going to be hanging out in two places. Well 3 places really... but I'm ignoring the fact that I'm actually working a 14 hour shift that day, and concentrating on this instead:
Big Picture Classes is hosting an all day FREE event that will be filled with chat, challenges, tutorials from these 10 teachers (yes, one of them is ME!!) and a whole bunch of prizes too!
We're racing towards sharing 10,000 layouts on Instagram that day in our #NSD10k promotion which is all about showing the world the importance of this fabulous hobby of ours. Here's a little preview to get you excited :-)



You all know this already, but obviously our craft is not just about playing with paper, but more about recording our memories and documenting what's important to us. If we can flood Instagram with 10,000 layouts I think it will help people understand that scrapbooking has evolved way beyond the concept of cutting our photos into shapes and covering them with stickers!


Here's a little sneak of the page I'll be sharing, and my tutorial will be all about hints and tips to get you finishing pages in a hurry. Like all of you, I live in a busy world with many competing interests for my time so I don't always have hours to dedicate to each page. In fact, it's got to be the question I get asked the most.... "how do you have time to scrapbook?" I'll share some of my answers in my video tutorial released inside the Big Picture Classroom.

The other place I'll be hanging out is Studio Calico, and the two have teamed up together for this event. If you've signed up for the #NSD10k event already then you will have noticed one of the perks is access to 'secret' codes which allow you the chance to buy these past Studio Calico kits (above) at only $10 each. The page I'm sharing is made with the Blue Note Scrapbook Kit which surprisingly is still available!


But here's what you've all been waiting for... a little sneak peek into the exclusive National Scrapbooking Day kit Studio Calico will be releasing on the day!! You will just love love LOVE IT!! I'm after all those stars of course - those acrylic ones look just amazing right?
And here's one more sneak for good measure ;-)


There's also a few new products Studio Calico have added to their shop just in time, including this special National Scrapbooking Day Stamp Set which I think is totally cute!


Studio Calico will be holding their own version of fabulous events throughout the day in an online CROP. Check out the blog on the day for all the fun! Here's a sneak of a page I'm going to be sharing there as part of a challenge:


So what are you going to be doing on National Scrapbooking Day? Are you going to be as busy as me?! LOL! I'm so excited about this!!

Photobucket

7 comments

  1. I've signed up... can't wait! xo Charm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've signed up too and I am so excited. This is my first NSD and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I wish we could get more sneaks of the kit! I can't wait to order it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the kits are sold out. Bummer. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you mean the $10 past kits? Then yes, most of them are sold out. Only the Blue Note kit and Cuppa kit are left.
      But if you're referring to the special edition National Scrapbooking Day kit, then it's not being released until the 3rd of May... so check back then!
      :-)

      Delete
  5. Happy National Scrapbooking day!!!
    I would like to invite you to join the Epic Anniversary Challenge at Scrap Around The World.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Living outside the US now, this is my first online NSD..... I"m excited!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails