Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Hello Hello Sneaks

The June kits at Studio Calico are typically filled with happy brights perfect for summertime scrapping, and the upcoming Hello Hello kits are not going to disappoint. Even if, like me you're stuck in the wintery blues of the Southern Hemisphere, these are kits that will bring a touch of sunshine and happiness. Check out the Mood Board for a start:


Doesn't it just make you think of ice cream at the beach, cotton dresses, hot sunshine and tropical fruit drinks? Or maybe that's just me?

Well anyway.... on with the sneaks!


In actual fact, when I started off making all my layouts (6 of them this month... and 1 of those is a double pager!) I was ironically first drawn to the neutrals in the main kit. The grey paper with the hand-drawn skyline instantly caught my attention and I knew I wanted to do something 'special' with it. I matched it with the citrus colours of orange, green and yellow to lighten it slightly.


But my second Main Kit Only layout I purposely left quite muted in it's colour scheme - it's all grey, blue and green. I like that it's quite a stark contrast both within the layout itself, and as a contrast with the other layouts I've made. You can just catch a glimpse of the exclusive mask at work in this sneak as well.... if you know what you're looking for ;-)


After I got that out of my system, then it was straight into the brights. And I mean the whole ROYGBIV of brights! The sneak above is still pretty much all Main Kit Only (apart from those puffy stickers which come in the Bonjour Add On) and as you can see, I've scrapped a rainbow! Super fun!


Now, I didn't plan it this way, but this sneak above is also nearly all Main Kit Only, with the exception of the stamp and glass bubbles (from Bonjour as well). But the point is... there's some really fabulous digital files coming out too, such as this cutting file you can see. Sometimes I like a small subtle cut embellishment, and sometimes I need to go BIG!


Colour, colour, colour. This layout was an exercise in how many colours can I load onto a layout. I believe Anna-Maria hit the nail on the head when she described this sneak as my "colour bomb"!! Well, check out those fun photos... I had to match the happiness and frivolity of my theme! Again, all the papers you can see here are from the Main Kit, whilst the embellishments are a mix of the three Add-Ons.


My last sneak for today shows what I consider to be my very first hybrid layout. By that I mean, the majority of the page was designed in Photoshop, based on one of the new templates about to be released, but then I printed it out and added some textural details on top. I chose embellishments from the Bonjour kit, which is the Embellishment-Only kit for June. I always thought digital scrapbooking was something I wouldn't, or couldn't do. But slowly and surely I've succumbed to digital stamps, cutting files, printables... and now the templates. I wonder what's next?!


One thing I know is that I'm super SUPER excited to be taking part in Shanna Noel's Digital class, and I'm really eager to learn her expert tips so that I can do this thing properly! I have a feeling you haven't seen the last hybrid layout from me :-)

PS. There are more sneaks of my layouts on the Studio Calico message board here.

Photobucket

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails