Pages

Saturday, May 17, 2014

The Story of Rising to the Challenge

I think there's something hard-wired in me that responds best to a challenge. I find that when I sit down to scrap I need to have some specific purpose in mind - whether that be DT work, a challenge blog, a certain story that I need to get out of my system, or an upcoming event. I love the feeling of conquering the task I guess.


The task can come from anywhere, or from anyone. I don't really mind. For these two cards I'm sharing today the challenge was actually set by my Mum. She asked if I could make her a card for a wedding, and a card for a new baby boy.


Well... that I can do!


For the wedding card I turned back to my favourite Studio Calico kit for the year "Sugar Rush" because I knew it was filled with lovey dovey Valentine's themed papers - which would work perfectly well for this too.


Whilst the baby boy card became an exercise in using up as much scraps and old stash as I could find!


I really haven't got a very organised system when it comes to storing my embellishments. If truth be told, I have a 12x12" box on my desk and any packet of journal cards, stickers, flowers, rubons, whatever... it all goes in there. I keep my kits together, but that's a different story.


There's packets of embellishments in that box that date back to when I began to scrap seriously in 2010. I give a lot of stuff away (on my Instagram, and Facebook and here too) so it doesn't get too overwhelming, but I'm certainly not one to just throw stuff away.


I love the chance to occasionally go through it and find as much coordinating product as I can to pile onto one project like this! Mix in just a little touch of new stuff so it doesn't feel dated and no one would ever know right? Spot anything you recognise?

Photobucket

2 comments

  1. Lovely cards! I'm a bit of a challenge freak too - even if it's a challenge I set myself...but I think you knew that!!! The little pearls on the wedding one....VERY nice & I really like the '2' sitting up proudly there, too:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sequins with the hearts on the wedding card and the mix of products for the baby card, genius.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails