Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

A Little Bit of Loolabelle's Arty Stuff

Still catching up with a couple of things I've neglected to share here. This one dates back to March when I was away teaching at the Escape 2 Create retreat. One of the highlights of the camp was the opportunity to meet lots of scrappers I've only ever known online before... including someone I've admired for a very long time now, the remarkable Louise Nelson.


I just adore this lady's style, it's fresh and funky and always cutting edge. I love that she's never afraid to do her own thing and try new techniques constantly. Not only was I lucky enough to watch over her shoulder as she perfected some mono-printing, but I was blessed to walk away with two of my very own Louise Nelson layouts! Eeekk!


Created with each of my daughters in mind, this one captures Bethany's cheekiness as she pulls some faces for the camera. It's got all the Lou trademarks... chipboard pieces, dangling threads, paint splatters and a striking colour combo.


And the second one is about Moriah's cute giggly smile!


Love all the turquoise in this.


But what I love even more was the excitement on my girl's faces when I surprised them by hanging their layouts up in their room whilst they were out. We've only just recently stripped their walls bare to start afresh with the decorations, and so this was the first installment.


I think it's safe to say they both really appreciate them!!


And so do I! Thanks so much my dear friend Lou!
xx
Photobucket

2 comments

  1. What a special couple of mementos from a special time from a special scrappy friend... the girls look totally STOKED!!!! Her style is soooo...well, soooo ''her''!!!!! Lucky you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh Natalie you humble me!!! It was trullllly a highlight for me to meet you F2F 😃i consider it an honour to create layouts of those completely gorgus girls of yours!!!! Those photos of the girls with the LO's really did make my heart sing!!!! Thank u so so very much for that!!!!!!!!!! Thank You! I treasure my own piece of Natalie creativity! 😍

    Much much mwah Lou xxoxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails