Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Something Beginning with P....?

I'm absolutely loving the brights in this month's Studio Calico Hello Hello Kits.... but I'll always be drawn back to the pink/yellow/pale blue combination that featured heavily in the May Camelot Kits. It's still my absolute favourite!


So that's where I started building the foundations for this card. I didn't even do it consciously, I just started layering up all my favourite leftover bits and only after I got to the top did I realise I'd gone back to pink/yellow/blue. Then using the colours in that cake as inspiration I decided to add a little pop of red.... and then green. I think it just zazzes it up a bit hey? (Yes, I may have just made up a word) ;-)


I really wanted to crack my new Craft Die too. I'm talking about that cute bow. Did you know that Studio Calico are making Dies now? I've got a couple in my stash, including some word ones which is really going to make my card-making a breeze, and they cut really smoothly. That bow may have just made it's first appearance here, but it's been going all sorts of places since then too! I think it adds some really fun dimension to this card which is otherwise all about texture.


The purpose and recipient of this card hasn't really been planned out. I was simply making for making's sake. Chilling out with some paper and glue.

Who do I know that begins with a P?

Photobucket

Supplies:

1 comments

  1. What a cute card Nat! I love the dimension and pop of green the bow adds! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails