Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Favourite 15 before 2015 - Projects


The second installment in the Top 15 before 2015 is to share with you 5 of my most favourite projects I've made this year. This is probably the toughest choice yet! And I honestly don't know that I've really got it right. I mean, there are lots of projects that I like, and a few that I'm not really happy with, but picking my top 5 favourites is quite a difficult decision. Here's what I came up with anyway...

1. Light
Most of my scrapping this year was with the Studio Calico kits and I love that I was prompted to use supplies and try techniques that I possibly wouldn't have tried otherwise. For a start, I've experimented with hybrid scrapping and double-page layouts heaps more than ever before, and this layout from the Sandlot reveal was both!!


2. Lady Rules
My true passion when it comes to scrapbooking though is about focussing on the story, and documenting our life and times. I prefer honest and open journaling and want to keep it a true representation of what we're going through, so sometimes that's going to involve using the words bum and fart and undies for example! This layout features direct quotes from a 4-year-old so definitely includes all those words!! ;-)


3. Good Life
This year I started playing around with some Project Life -style scrapping in my Handbook and have really enjoyed it. I'd say I'm still getting the hang of it and am still trying to develop my own style, but this spread was amongst my favourite early attempts.


4. Happy Card
My big discovery this year though was that I'm really REALLY enjoying my card making, and if you've been reading my blog even just for the month of December you will have no doubt noticed that! Teaching a card-making class throughout November gave me an even bigger push in this direction and I'd confidently predict that you'll be seeing many more cards from me in 2015. My class which is called 'Flashy Cards Fast' focuses on making technique-driven cards for all occasions on a time budget, and is still available for registration if you're interested.


5. Kindergarten Mini Album
Possibly due to my newfound card-making focus I didn't make as many altered projects or mini albums as in previous years, but one I did get finished was this Project-Life-Card based miniature album documenting Moriah's first days at Kindergarten. It helped immensely that I was following along in a class taught by the amazing Kim Archer whilst I was at Escape 2 Create!


Have you joined in with Kellie's idea to document your Top 15 before 2015? See the original post here to see what it's all about.
I'll be back tomorrow with my Top 5 Photos!
xx

Photobucket

2 comments

  1. Natalie these are all absolutely amazing, I'm not even sure I could point out a favourite as they all are, and I honestly mean that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love! I'm glad you're enjoying the card making....& I'm sure PL will become an ever bigger part of your life. Nothing beats a bumfart page. It's my winner! And good for a giggle, too:):) happy new year!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails