Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The Story of the Embroidered Heart

February is here (crazily enough!) and so we're all getting in the mood to celebrate love. To help you out our Jot Magazine Mood Board challenge is sure to inspire you to create something lovey dovey, or possibly something a little more saucy given this bold colour scheme?!

Because I literally can't seem to stop creating cards these days, and because Valentine's Day is surely the peak of the greeting card season I was prompted to whip this up...


It's absolutely 100% inspired from that photo of the cookie in the lower left of the Mood Board! Who knew food photos could inspire a card design? But when the mood strikes I guess anything is possible.


The main focus of my card was that embroidered heart which is a from a free set of Valentine's Day Printables by Studio Calico. It was originally pink so I changed it to red in Photoshop to fit the Mood Board. I pierced all the holes, and pulled out my embroidery thread. Then with the sudden realisation that there was no way I would ever have the patience or skill to stitch it all properly I went with just a few cross stitches here and there instead!


Since I skimped on the technical side of embroidering I figured I better get a little more fancy with the rest of the design. And given there was no way of avoiding the addition of gold sequins I thought a shaker card might be in order. I do love a bulky noisy moving interactive card ;-)

To see what the other Jot Girls have created based on the Mood Board and to check out all the details on how you could win a $20 voucher to Scrappy Canary then take a little wander over to the Jot Blog. You'll be feeling romantic in no time!

Photobucket

6 comments

  1. The card is so pretty, and I love the sequins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I can't get enough of those gold sequins at the moment. I'm kinda really in love with the fact that they're matte rather than shiny!

      Delete
  2. LOVELY! The gold and red and black are sure fire winners, I reckon, And the white stitched 'kisses' are sweet. Course, I would have like to have seen MORE of them [tongue firmly in cheek!!!!.......] ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only way you're going to see more stitched kisses is if you come around and do them yourself!! Hee heeee!!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails