Pages

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Lollipop Guild Cards

So after I finished my layouts using the Studio Calico Lollipop Guild Scrapbook Kits I really wanted to turn my attention to making some Christmas cards. I'm going to need a lot of them this season right? So even though there's nothing that's in-your-face Christmassy about any of the kit contents I could still see how easy it was going to be to make it appear that way ;-)


Take the 'Wishing You Peace' die for a start. It's actually labelled as a sympathy sentiment, but it was all about the Christmas theme for me right now. It totally works right? Especially with all those gold foil highlights and pieces from the Main Kit.


I totally had to use it again for another card, this time overlaying a wreath configuration made from die-cut leaves. Again, I think the Leaf Die was supposed to be an autumn leaf.... but you know... all I could see was Christmas!


I'm so proud of myself for not hoarding those rubber stars from the Main Kit too. I'm down to my last one but not regretting all the projects I've used them on.



Aaaahhh the bear card. Not exactly my best efforts I'll admit. But it was a combination of having this idea in my head that I could make a snow-globe effect coupled with the intense desire to use the Polar Bear Stamp everywhere and this was the end result. I've fiddled with the technique some more since then and I've come up with a much better finished product... but that will have to wait for another time ;-)



And lastly I ended up making a birthday card too. I'll always need plenty of those in my stash too, and that Jasmine Jones Happy Birthday script stamp is too pretty to neglect. I took inspiration from the gold dipped chipboard alphas in the main kit to create the same sort of look to the embossing on this stamp. Quite happy with how it turned out really!


And do you see what I did with the Music Notes Die on the vellum there. Fancy hey?! ;-)




If you're keeping a careful count you'll notice that I said I've made 5 cards so far, and I've only shared 4. The last one will be coming up as a tutorial on the SC blog so I'll hold off showing you that one until then. In the next post is my Project Life spread.

xx

Photobucket

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails