Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Bethany's November and December pages


Sorry for the hiatus in blog posts whilst I recommenced full time employment! Yikes, I forgot how hard that makes things like crafting and blogging and photography and well... nearly everything apart from vegging out in front of Netflix when you come home ;-)



But I'm slowly adjusting to it all and remembering how I used to fit these things in just whenever I have a spare 20 minutes. So I thought I'd take the opportunity to catch you up with last years' November and December spreads for Bethany's album.


My November page started off with some basic building blocks from the Studio Calico Canyonlands Documenter Kit (those lime greens and aqua felt very Springy to me!) and then I started adding little extra bits from past kits and my stash too.


As usual I tried to include some kid-art documenting as well as lots of stories and decent photographs too.


But when it came time to do the December page it was a little trickier. Only because I did a Not-Quite-a-December-Daily album again this year and I was conscious of not doubling up on photos and stories but trying to get something unique into their Project Life album, whilst still capturing the whole spirit of the season too. 

  

I guess in some respects it wasn't hard because I don't know about you but I tend to take about a bazillion photos at Christmas since every single moment seems so magical!


For my December title card I used the Studio Calico gold letterpress calendar page from the corresponding month. I don't know why it took me until December to think of this! But I haven't thrown away the rest of the cards yet, I figure I can still use them for something!


And then I mostly used past scrapbook papers to fill the rest of the pockets rather than actual PL cards. I embellished with Gossamer Blue acrylic and wood veneer pieces, and those geometric animal diecuts made another appearance too.


So that's Bethany's 2015 album done and dusted.
I haven't quite wrapped my brain around the fact that if I'm doing a similar structure again this year that I'm already a month behind! Whoops!!

Here's to 2016!
Photobucket

1 comments

  1. Looks fabulous! I wonder if I Should start documenting the grand boys in separate albums a bit like this? It seems to work so well for telling their stories.... Have to give it some thought!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails