Pages

Friday, March 3, 2017

Studio Calico Crop Weekend

A couple of weekends ago Studio Calico held a crop with quite a few challenges. I was in the mood to be inspired in a fresh direction so I played along with a couple of the ones that really spoke to me, and created these two cards.


The first challenge I wanted to try out was Lisa's "over-stamping" technique, which is effectively about stamping in layers with different coloured inks. I've had this Houseplants stamp set in my stash for a couple of months and it was still untested so I pulled it out to play, and quickly whipped up this card...


It was so quick and easy that I immediately moved onto another challenge, this time trying out Carson's "multi-ink spritz" technique. It was slightly similar, with the idea being to ink up your stamp with different coloured inks at the same time, and then spritz them with a little water before stamping them to create a bit of a water-coloured effect.


I used the same Houseplants stamp set, and the same Color Theory Inks that I used for the first card. It was also supposed to be a one-layer card.... but try as I might I couldn't just leave it as a stamped background and had to add a few dimensional embellishments too. Whoops!


It was so nice just to create something quick and easy without needing to think about it too much, and just for the fun of it!


Photobucket

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails