Pages

Friday, May 19, 2017

Jot Issue 17

I am sooooo behind the times! I can't believe I forgot to share these here!
The last issue of Jot Magazine (Issue 17) came out at the start of March and it was the best one yet. Yes, I think I say that every time!

Here's some of the projects I had featured in the magazine....


The layout I made was for the No Adhesive gallery. I love the idea behind this which was to create a page using no sticky adhesive whatsoever. No glues or tapes, but instead you had to think a bit more creatively.


I thought this might have been quite difficult to achieve, especially for someone like me who likes to know everything is securely stuck down! I ended up using a lot of my sewing machine, but also brads and paper clips, and I was pleasantly surprised how fun and easy this turned out to be.


Next up was a card for the Hearts gallery. I started with this intricate die from Sizzix called 'Natural Love' and made it the focus of my romantic-themed card. I cut it with watercolour paper which meant I could slap some paint on all those detailed leaves.


The word 'love' is part of the die too, but I cut it separately from pink foam so it would add some dimension and form part of the sentiment. And from there the card pretty much made itself!



Last, but not least came this double-page Project Life spread. These can be on any theme and I chose to document the night our family went to our local Lights Festival. The colours of the photos were all a mixture of the black night sky along with bright saturated colours of the sculptures so I had to try and balance that out with my card and embellishment choices.


I also left plenty of space to document the story of the night, and instead of writing a series of snippets on each card that could be read separately I decided to do something a little different. I ended up writing a long 'essay' that just carried on from card to card when I ran out of space.


Jot Magazine is a FREE online digital magazine that celebrates memory keeping. You can download Issue 17 right here.

And watch out for Issue 18, because that's right around the corner! Here's a little sneak peek into what I've got featured in the next issue....


Photobucket

1 comments

  1. Wow - I really love your projects! Especially the one at the top of this post...Snapchat.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails